2019 Pulwama attack: NIA arrests seventh accused

KT NEWS SERVICE. Dated: 7/8/2020 1:45:40 AM

JAMMU, July 7: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Tuesday said it has arrested seventh accused involved in Lethpora, Pulwama attack in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed last year in February.
In a statement, the NIA said seventh accused involved in Lethpora attack. The statement said that in the continuing investigation of the Pulwama attack case in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed in an improvised explosive device (IED) blast on February14 last year NIA has arrested one more accused namely Bilal Ahmed Kuchey, a resident of Hajibal, Kakapora, Pulwama on last Sunday.
It said that arrested Bilal is running a sawmill at his place, is a militant associate who harboured and extended logistic support to the JeM militants involved in the Pulwama attack.
The NIA said that the main perpetrators in the case stayed in his house and he further introduced them to other over ground workers (OGWs) who provided safe houses during their stay and planning of the attack.
He provided the JeM militants with high-end mobile phones which were used by them to communicate with the Pakistan-based JeM leadership as well as among themselves for giving final touches to their planning and for execution of the attack, the investigating agency said in its statement.
It also said that mobile phone provided by him was also used for recording the video clip of Fidayeen Adil Ahmed Dar, which became viral after the attack.
The statement further said that, Bilal Ahmed Kuchey was produced before NIA Special Court, Jammu on July 06 and ten (10) day's NIA remand was taken for his custodial interrogation.
This is the seventh arrest made by NIA in this case so far. Investigation in this case is in progress, NIA said.

 

Video

Indian History... Read More
 

FACEBOOK

 

Daily horoscope

 

Weather