Saturday, October 21, 2017
ABOUT US CONTACT US ADVERTISE WITH US FOLLOW US ON    
 
Kashmir Times Logo www.kashmirtimes.com
World
Ready for joint operation with US to destroy Haqqani Network: Pak
ActIT Jammu, ASP.net Projects, Java, Vb.net, C# Training Jammu
ISLAMABAD, Oct 10 (Agencies): Pakistan is ready for a joint operation with the US to destroy the Haqqani Network if it provides evidence about the presence of safe havens of the dreaded terror outfit in the country, Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif has said.

His remarks came after US President Donald Trump, in August, had accused Pakistan of harbouring "agents of chaos and terror" and the "very enemy US forces have fighting in Afghanistan" for the past 17 years.

Asif, who recently visited Washington and met senior Trump administration officials, told Express News, "We have offered American authorities to visit Pakistan with evidence of Haqqani network's safe havens in the country.

"If they find any activity (of Haqqanis) in the targeted areas, our troops, along with the US, would destroy them once and for all."

The Haqqani network has carried out a number of kidnappings and attacks against US interests in Afghanistan. The group is also blamed for several deadly attacks against Indian interests in Afghanistan, including the 2008 bombing of the Indian mission in Kabul that killed 58 people.

The foreign minister also said that Pakistan Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa had made the same offer to Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani during his Kabul visit earlier this month.

Pakistan's offer is a major concession to Washington, as so far it has resisted US boots on its soil, and it comes ahead of the expected visits of US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defence Jim Mattis to Islamabad in the coming weeks. Referring to criticism from the United States to rein in terror group, Asif said, "If the Trump administration exerts more pressure on us, friendly countries, especially China, Russia, Iran, and Turkey, will stand by our side".

He further said that if US secretary of state and secretary of defence were coming to dictate us, "we will refuse to accept their (diktats) dictates...And now, we will do what is in the best interest of our country."




News Updated at : Tuesday, October 10, 2017
 
Comment on this Story 
 
 
Top Stories of the Day  
Mehbooba seeks dependable link for Ladakh region
SRINAGAR, Oct 10: Chief minister, Mehbooba Mufti has sought immediate redressal of connectivity issues of Leh and Kargil districts and in this regard requested the centre for taking appropriate measures. In her letter to the union communications minister, Manoj Sinha, the chief minister said given the fact that these two districts remain cut off from the Valley for a major period of the year, mobile connectivity to the region ought to be made more dependable by taking appropriate measures. It
> APDP stage sit-in protest, to continue ‘fight for children’
> More braid chopping incidents in Valley trigger protests, clashes
> HC directs J&K govt to amend SRO-75 of 1992
> Durbar to close in Srinagar on Oct 27, to reopen on Nov 6
> Train services resume
 
 
Other Stories from Web  
 
 
 
Find us on
 
 
Weather Report
 
Shridev Sharma
 
Mata Vaishnodevi | Matavaishnodevi | Mata Vaishno Devi
 
Electric Blanket | Electric Bed Warmers | Electric Under Blankets | Electric Heating Blanket
 
 
 
Web Design Jammu, Web Design Company, Ideogram Jammu
 
 
Home | Contact Us | Kashmir Times | Kashmir Times E-Paper - Jammu | Kashmir Times E-Paper - Srinagar | Dainik Kashmir Times | Jammu Prabhat
Copyright 2013 Kashmir Times Group. All rights reserved. Powered by Ideogram Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.