Protest against Unnao rape-murder; Police use force against protesters in Delhi

Kashmir Times. Dated: 12/8/2019 2:18:04 PM

NEW DELHI, Dec 7(Agencies): The Delhi Police on Saturday used water cannon on agitated protesters after the march from Raj Ghat to India Gate to against the Unnao rape-murder incident turned violent.
During which a clash broke out between them and the police. The altercation took place when the police stopped them on their way.
The police used barricades to stop the protesters. They also used water cannons to disperse the crowd. Few of the protesters even climbed up the police barricades to move ahead.
The police said that the protestors were not allowed to move ahead as they did not seek prior permission. The police also claimed that the protesters had lit up a marshal and brandished it in front of them.
"Protestors had a marshal and they had lit it with kerosene. They were brandishing it in front of police and then water cannon was used on them," DCP central zone Randhawa told agencies.
This comes after the 23-year-old Unnao rape victim was set on fire by the accused, who were out bail, on Thursday and died at a hospital in Delhi on Friday night.
Earlier on Saturday, protests were also held as UP ministers Swami Prasad Maurya and Kamal Rani Varun along with local BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj reached the village of the Unnao gangrape victim and met her family.
A number of protestors including some local Congress leaders sustained injuries as police used force to disperse the crowd which gathered outside the residence of the victim, shouted 'Vaapas Jaao, Vapaas Jaao' (Go Back) and raised slogans against the state government and Sakshi Maharaj.
The sloganeering continued for 15 minutes. Police used force to drive away the protesters after which the two ministers and the MP were taken to the victim's home, villagers said.



Pegasus Project: Neelu Vyas in conversation with Gurdeep Singh Sappal (Broadcaster/Congress Spokespersons) for KASHMIR TIMES... Read More



Daily horoscope